Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Future in Crafting?

23 Lirisa, 409
City of Crossing - afternoon

I had an amazing experience a few days ago. I was so exhausted from all of the work that I did not get an opportunity to write about it.

Back on 6 Lirisa, a stylist by the name of Yeyaru visited the festival. He was a simple Prydaen fellow, except he possesses the unique ability to simply talk to items and make them change their shape. Dozens of people turned out to make use of his services, and I was looking forward to seeing him work, as well. Before he began he asked for helpers and I decided to volunteer.

It was thrilling work. While most people had an exact idea what they wanted him to do with their clothing and knick knacks, some did not. I helped a fellow Empath to design a gown of pale mauve silk overlaid with lace, with a stunning gossamer skirt. I helped a nice fellow Arylan with his leather armor. He'd decided to lay lava samite with the leather, and needed some help determining where to put it. What we came up with looked quite menacing yet still stylish upon him. I further helped a dwarven cleric with his cloak, figuring out how to stitch his beloved aurochs into his design.

When the work was all finished, dira'ila Yeyaru promised to do some work for myself and the other helpers after the festival. The moment I stepped outside the pavilion, exhausted, the rain that I'd heard pounding away outside cleared up. As egotistical as it sounds, it felt like it was waiting for me. Glad to not have to walk in the rain, I found myself a tavern room in Langenfirth, since those in Therenborough are all booked for the festivities. I slept the sleep of the dead that night, but it was well worth it.

I am back in the Crossing for now, looking forward to the meeting for the Vela'tohr tomorrow. The festival continues only a couple more weeks, and I look forward to returning to enjoy the last bits of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment